Mergers & Acquisitions
A successful merger, acquisition, or alliance between two nonprofits can mean greater services delivered to more people in need – all without either organization losing its identity or compromising its values.
Phoenix Philanthropy offers specialized services related to alliances/partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions designed to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, strengthen financial position, build organizational capacity, synthesize organizational cultures, enhance programs and services, broaden visibility and constituent reach, and increase community impact.
Areas of expertise:
- Assessment of organizational preparedness for an alliance/partnership, merger, or acquisition
- Research and identification of potential partner organizations with which to align
- Engagement of board and staff members and key stakeholders in the alliance, merger, or acquisition assessment and decision-making process
- Creation of comprehensive plans and processes to consolidate organizational cultures, human resources, operations, administrative functions, revenue generation, and programs and services to maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and impact without interruption of services
- Development of alliance, merger, or acquisition timelines and budget
- Creation of tactical integration workplans, including strategies to communicate with stakeholders and constituents